July 18, 2016
Dear Summer Connections Families,
Thank you for your patience this morning. We regret the unexpected construction on E. Palisade Ave. has made a significant impact on local traffic patterns with drop-off this morning at Summer Connections entering and exiting the D-E campus. We were NOT notified of the construction on E. Palisade Ave. prior to this morning; otherwise, we would have made every attempt to contact you to minimize the stress of drop-off. We have just been informed that this construction will be ongoing through Friday, 7/22.
Here is information that will be helpful to you for Drop-off and Pick-up;
- You will be allowed to enter the campus from either Lincoln Street or N. Woodland Street.
- Instructions for Drop-Off and Pick-Up are noted below. We strongly advise that you give yourself extra time for Drop-off and Pick-up. Please see below for specific instructions.
- Traffic flow once on campus has also changed as a result of this construction. Click here for the Traffic Flow Map.
Please note we strongly discourage drop-off and pick-up of children on the public streets including N. Woodland, Lincoln, and Walnut Streets. The safety of our students is our utmost priority; crossing busy streets to enter campus during morning hours in particular is a concern.
Drop-off / Pick-up for Preschool – Grade 4 campers
- Enter from Lincoln Street Security Gate at 81 Lincoln Street, via Walnut Street.
- Drop-off and Pick-up will be at the Lincoln Street Exit Gate, located near Mr. Rocky’s Field.
- At Drop-off, teachers and staff will meet you at the Exit Gate, unload your child(ren) from your car and walk your child(ren) down the driveway to Drapkin Hall. Please do not get out of your car.
- At Pick-up, teachers and staff will wait with your child(ren) at Mr. Rocky’s Field and bring your child(ren) to your car.
- Exit via Lincoln Street Exit Gate. You must make a right turn onto Lincoln Street; no left turns will be permitted due to construction. E. Palisade Ave. is closed to all traffic.
- Remember always to have your car tag in the window.
Drop-off / Pick-up for Grades 5-12 campers
- Traffic patterns have changed, please follow all directions from staff and personnel.
- Enter the campus from either N. Woodland or Lincoln Streets via Walnut Street.
- Drop-off and Pick-up your child(ren) in the upper parking lot(s). At both Drop-off and Pick-up, Staff will guide campers to and from your car. Please do not get out of your car.
- Exit via the internal campus connector road to Lincoln Street Security Gate. You must make a right turn onto Lincoln Street; no left turns will be permitted due to construction. E. Palisade Ave. is closed to all traffic
Soccer Academy: > Drop-off / Pick-Up should take place at Graham Field.
- Will be held in the Drapkin Hall Gym.
- Park your car in the lot below the Hajjar STEM Center and Swartley Gallery.
- Walk down to Drapkin Hall to pick up your child(ren).
- Exit via the Lincoln Street Exit Gate. You must make a right turn onto Lincoln Street; no left turns will be permitted due to construction. East Palisade Ave. is closed to all traffic.
Text Messaging We would like to be in touch with you via our Text Messaging System. You will need to log into your Campsite Parent Dashboard to opt-in for the Text Messaging service. This will allow us to give you updated traffic reports in a timely manner.
Again, your patience at this time is greatly appreciated.
Questions may be directed to 201-227-3144. Visit our website at de360.d-e.org for additional information.