by Ms. Sandra Buritica:
Next week will include the following:
- Children will read “If you give a Moose a Muffin” by Joffe Numeroff. They will hear the same story in Spanish “Si le das un panecillo a un alce” The children will then reenact the characters in the story. The Discovery group will create paper plate “character faces” to use while role-playing.
- The children will practice how to introduce themselves in Spanish and how to ask another child their name and say “Nice to meet you” “Mucho Gusto.”
- The Discovery group will count up to 10 in Spanish by the learning the song “Ten little fingers” “Diez deditos”
- The Adventures group will count up to 30 in Spanish by learning the song “Cuenta” which means “Count”. The Adventures group will also learn about the Aztecs and create Aztec masks.
- In cooking class, the children will bake delicious “Panecillos de Maiz”, otherwise known as corn muffins!