Every season holds an opportunity for fun learning, new discoveries, and skills building for our D-E LS students! ACE continues to offer both “Clubhouse”(AfterCare) and “Enrichment” for after school. This Winter 2018 we’re featuring more sports and movement classes as well as a book club, Fantasy Sports (and Wiffle Ball!), visits from animals, and athletic instruction in the gym taught by experienced varsity-level coaches. Whether your child is looking for a playdate experience, or an educational opportunity to pursue new interests and develop talents, you’ll find it right here on campus. Learn more and see below for a special message from Sharon Keigher, Director of D-E 360° ACE.
A Message from Sharon Keigher, Director of Programs, D-E 360° ACE
‘Tis the season for Winter 2018 ACE registration! We enjoyed a wonderful Fall Term, and the Winter Term promises to be even better! Check out ACE Winter Term Offerings.
- Homework Club daily from 3:15-4:15 (Grades 1-4)
- Facilitated by a faculty member
- iPads (grade appropriate) available
- Exclusive to Kindergarten: Gym Games on Mondays (Movement & Parachute Play)
- A real book club (with Cozy Slippers) for Grades 4-5
- Visits from the animals at the Tenafly Nature Center on Tuesdays
- 2:30: Pre-K only
- 3:15: Kindergarten only
- 4:00-5:00: Grades 1-3
- Pre-K Introduction to Team Sports (Sports Basics on Wednesdays)
- Chess: training for the advanced logistical games required for Chess Tournaments
- Fantasy Sports Teams (and Wiffle Ball!) for Grades 4-5
- Intro and Advanced Lacrosse and Hockey (Stick Sports & Stick Stars)
- Adventurers: a Project Adventurer-based athletic program for intellectual students
- Friday Open Gym 3:45-4:15 for Grades 3-5
- Fencing: for beginners and advanced with the Durkan Fencing Academy, an Olympic Training program. Fridays, 4:15-5:30 for Grades 2-5.
Meanwhile, enjoy the photos above from our recent United States Chess Federation Chess Tournament. All participants received their USCF national ranking, and the top three in each division earned trophies. These students are:
Knight Division: Leyla Ozbalci, Nicholas Link, Schroeder Kacmar
Pawn Division: Mayer Wolfson, Alexander Link, Seva Burak
Bishop Section: Anthony Marin, Aaron Harrison, Brandon Best
Wishing you and your families a wonderful and rejuvenating Winter Break. See you back in the Clubhouse in January 2018!!! (We start up the very first day back!)