Discoveries (for ages 3-6) : $575/week (Week 2, July 2-6, 2018: $460)
This full-day weekly program (8:15 AM – 3:00 PM) is designed to foster independence and creativity. Serving children who are in preschool between the ages of 3 – 6, we want your child to stay engaged, experience varied activities, be challenged, and have a great time. Teachers and qualified assistants provide a stimulating environment. Surrounded by warm, enthusiastic staff members who specialize in early childhood, campers will enjoy air-conditioned classrooms in Drapkin Hall, which serves as their camp base as well as an outdoor playground, for large motor and water play fun. Children are introduced to various elements of the classroom such as practical life, cooking, sensorial activities, arts, crafts, music, and movement. Each week, new themes related to our “Passports Around the World” Summer 2018 theme lead children to discover and explore basic concepts in science, math, language arts, geography, and other academic areas.
- Lunch as well as nutritious snacks are provided in the morning and afternoon.
- The price of special events are included, as are snacks and daily lunch.
- Discoveries campers must be at least three (3) years old and must also be fully potty trained.
A Special Message for our Enrolled Discoveries Families: Welcome!
Welcome to Summer Connections (SC) 2018! We are looking forward to an exciting and engaging summer full of fun and exploration especially with our Passports Around The World 2018 program!
Our faculty and staff are eager to meet our newest campers and welcome back our SC family. We hope to make your child’s transition into the summer program a smooth one. Your child will be in a specific Discoveries color group (see below) and here we have included some things to keep in mind to make this summer as smooth as possible. This summer will be filled with adventures in art, music, movement, sports, culture, and memories for years to come! We can’t wait to get started!
Ms. Lisa Brown, Director of Discoveries and Adventures
Mrs. Stacy Carela, Co-Director of Discoveries and Supervisor of After-Care
|Red||Miss Rachel Shin|
|Yellow||Mrs. Alexis Barrera|
|Blue||Mr. Matt McQuillen|
Access to Drapkin Hall
For the safety of all of our campers and staff, we ask families and friends of families to refrain from entering the school building during the camp day. We will regularly host events for families to join us on campus.
If access to Drapkin Hall is necessary, please park your car in a regular parking spot and walk down to Drapkin Hall. Enter and sign in at the Drapkin Hall Main Office. Visitors must wait in the posted “Parent Waiting Area.”
Drop-Off and Pick-Up
- Supervised care begins at 8:15 AM.
- Our camp day begins at 8:30 AM.
- Drop-off and pick-up take place in front of Drapkin Hall.
- Please do not drop off before 8:15 AM.
- Discoveries dismissal begins at 3:00 PM.
- Carpool dismissal begins at 3:10 PM.
- Students not picked up by 3:30 PM will be assigned to After-Care in the Drapkin Hall Cafeteria (lower level). Charges will apply.
- To keep everything flowing, please come at your designated time.
Arrival & Dismissal Procedures:
- Maintain a single file car line to the right.
- A faculty or staff member will escort your child to your car and assist him/her in and out of your car from the passenger side. (Please arrange seating in your vehicle to accommodate these procedures.)
- If your child is able to buckle the seatbelt, do not exit your car.
- If your child can not buckle the seatbelt, you will need to buckle it for your child. This might require you to exit your car.
- The left lane must be kept clear for vehicles exiting campus.
- A car tag will be provided during morning drop off the first day of camp. Please indicate the child’s family name and group number on the car tag and display it in the windshield of passenger side.
- Vehicular traffic flows one way in the driveway.
- Leaving your car unattended in the driveway is prohibited.
- Please review all procedures with the person who is responsible for picking up and dropping off your child. Thank you, in advance, for your patience and understanding as families get adjusted to our pick-up and drop-off procedures.
Health & Medical Forms: Make sure all your required Health & Medical Forms are completed. To access and complete these required Health & Medical Forms please LogIn to the D-E360° Summer Connections Campbrain system: click here. Forms must be up to date, completed, and submitted online or to the D-E ° SC Office by the time your child arrives for camp. All forms are necessary, even if your child attends D-E during the school year. If your child requires medication during the day, please indicate that on the medical forms that must be signed by your child’s physician. Do not send any medication to camp with your child. If your child requires medication during the day, please indicate that on the medical forms and hand medicine in its original packaging directly to our Lower School Nurse, Ms. Nateka Brewton. Do not send any medication to camp with your child.
What to Bring:
- Every day: Sunscreen, sneakers, water bottle, extra set of clothing, a book for siesta.
- Water Play Days: Beach towel, bathing suit, water shoes, extra set of clothing.
- Do not bring electronics, money, valuables, or toys to camp. We will not be held responsible for lost or damaged personal property.
- Snack and lunch are provided daily to Discoveries campers.
- Please inform teachers of any food allergies or dietary needs. A list of all food allergies should be included in your child’s health information and should be provided to us before Monday of each week.
- All campers are welcome to bring lunch and/or snack from home but please refrain from sending nuts and nut-based products with your child.
- Cubbies are provided for Discoveries campers. They may store their Rest items, Water Play items, and any other personal items in their cubbies. They must be cleaned out each Friday, even if a camper is returning the following week.
- SC Blue Shirts are available for purchase for $12 in the Drapkin Hall entryway office.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if your child will be late, absent, or leaving early.
- Choice classes, spirit events, family sharings, and other exciting events will be included in our Summer Notes. Program updates, group announcements, and photos will be posted as well!
- Prior to the start of camp, you may contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- To reach us by phone:
|Summer Connections||201-227-3144, option 2|
|Director of Health||201-227-3144, option 2|
Construction and Building/Bridge(s) Maintenance:
Please note that D-E School construction and regular building/ bridge(s) maintenance work projects are underway this Summer 2018. Parents/guardians are asked to please pay careful attention in particular during Drop-off and Pick-up for traffic flow changes that may occur as a result. For a campus map click here or see right.