Yesterday morning Adventures campers participated in Spirit Challenge by Team Makers who visited our campus for an exciting morning. Leadership, sportsmanship, and teamwork were the themes on this first official day of camp.
This Summer’s Theme: Summer Olympics 2016
Dear Discoveries and Adventures Families,
Welcome to Summer Connections (SC) 2016! We are looking forward to an exciting and engaging summer full of fun and exploration! Our faculty and staff are eager to meet our newest campers and welcome back our SC family. We hope to make your child’s transition into the summer program a smooth one. Below are some things to keep in mind to make this transition as smooth as possible. This summer will be filled with adventures in art, music, movement, sports, culture, and memories for years to come! We can’t wait to get started!
Mrs. Simone` Aynilian, Director of Lower School and Adventures Program
Mrs. Stacy Carela, Director of Discoveries and After-Care
- Information on teachers and specific group names are listed below. Scroll down for weekly updates from each one.
|Red||Miss Rachel Shin|
|Yellow||Mr. Tim Coyne|
|Blue||Mr. Matt McQuillen|
|Group 1||Mrs. Tricia Fiore|
|Group 2||Miss Jenevieve Chimento|
|Group 3||Miss Suhna Pi|
|Group 4||Miss Melanie Markarian|
|Group 5||Mrs. Meg Muller|
|Group 6||Mr. Dave Pomeroy|
Access to Lower School
For the safety of all of our campers and staff, we ask families and friends of families to refrain from entering the school building during the camp day. We will regularly host events for families to join us on campus.
If access to Lower School is necessary, please park your car in a regular parking spot and walk down to the Lower School. Enter the Lower School by crossing the bridge and sign in at the Lower School Main Office. Visors must wait in the posted “Parent Waiting Area.”
Drop-Off and Dismissal / Pick-Up
- Supervised care begins at 8:15 AM.
- Our camp day begins at 8:30 AM.
- Drop-off and pick-up take place in front of the Lower School.
- Please do not drop off before 8:15 AM.
- Please do not exit your vehicle.
- Discoveries dismissal begins at 3:00 PM.
- Adventures dismissal begins at 3:15 PM.
- Students not picked up by 3:30 PM will be assigned to After-Care in the Cafeteria. (Charges will apply.)
- Maintain a single file car line to the right.
- Do not exit your car. A faculty or staff member will escort your child to your car and assist him/her in and out of your car from the passenger side. (Please arrange seating in your vehicle to accommodate these procedures.)
- The left lane must be kept clear for vehicles exiting campus.
- A car tag will be sent home with your child. Please indicate the child’s family name and group number on the car tag and display it in the windshield of passenger side.
- The driveway is a one way.
- Parking is prohibited in Lower School driveway. Please click here for a campus map.
- Please review all procedures with the person who is responsible for picking up and dropping off your child.
Thank you, in advance, for your patience and understanding as families get adjusted to our pick-up and drop-off procedures.
- Forms must be up to date, completed, and submitted to the SC Office by the time your child arrives on campus.
- All forms are necessary, even if you child attends D-E during the school year.
- If you child requires medication during the day, please indicate that on the medical forms and hand medicine directly to our Health Director, Mr. Greiben Agramonte or the Lower School Nurse, Ms. Holly Alasio. Do not send any medication to camp with your child.
What to Bring
- Every day: Sunscreen, sneakers, water bottle, extra set of clothing, a book for Siesta.
- Water Play Days: Beach towel, bathing suit, water shoes, extra set of clothing.
- Trip Days (Wednesdays): SC Blue Shirt
- Do not bring electronics, money, valuables, or toys to camp. We will not be held responsible for lost or damaged personal property.
- Discoveries: Lunch may be purchased for $45 per week, $9 per day.
All campers are welcome to bring lunch and/or snack from home.
- Adventures: Lunch is provided daily for Adventures campers only. On field trip days, a bag lunch is provided. If you choose to send a lunch from home, please use disposable containers on trip days.
- Discoveries: Cubbies are provided for Discoveries campers. They may store their Rest items, Water Play items, and any other personal items in their cubbies. They must be cleaned out each Friday, even if a camper is returning the following week.
- Adventures: Lockers are provided in the Lower School for Adventures campers. They may store their Water Play items, Siesta book, sunscreen, and other personal items in their lockers. They must be cleaned out each Friday, even if a camper is returning the following week.
- Please visit our Camp Store locations in the Library and the Klein Campus Center after camp hours with your child if you would like to purchase any souvenirs.
- Additional SC Blue Shirts are also available for purchase for $12 in the Lower School Office.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if your child will be late, absent, or leaving early.
- Choice classes, spirit events, parent showcases, and other exciting events will be included here in our summer notes e-newsletter. Program updates, group announcements, and photos will be posted as well! Visit http://summer.d-e.org
- Prior to the start of camp, you may contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- To reach us by phone:
|Adventures & Discoveries||201-227-3144, option1|
|Enrichment & Scholars||201-227-3144, option 3|
|Director of Health||201-227-3144, option 2|
Please do not hesitate contacting us with any questions or concerns. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Mrs. Simone` Aynilian
Director of Lower School Programs