Upper School Trip to Spain, Salamanca – Summer 2019
June 25 – July 29, 2019
(A language immersion/academic experience at the University of Salamanca — USAL)
Experience a “Salamazing!” 20+ year summer tradition with D-E International to Salamanca this Summer 2019.
For “rising” sophomores (Class of 2022), juniors (Class of 2021), and seniors (Class of 2020).
Be part of the longest running foreign trip in D-E history. This is an academic trip that is D-E’s only major elective outside the US, which is a 3 credit D-E course. Study at the famous University of Salamanca (USAL), which is about 15 years older than the universities of Oxford and Cambridge.
Our trip will be a 5-week summer immersion program based out of Salamanca, Spain. We will visit Madrid and Segovia right after we arrive in Spain and before we go to Salamanca. We will also visit Porto and Lisbon, Portugal.
For most of the month of July we will stay in Salamanca where students will experience the culture of Spain and learn the Spanish language in a major pre-college setting at USAL, the 3rd oldest university in the world, founded in 1218 CE.
This month-long immersion trip involves living in a university dorm at USAL as well as excursions outside of Spain during the month, including a long weekend trip to Portugal in the middle of the month.
Trip highlights include:
- Students will complete a Spanish immersion language course at the University of Salamanca for a summer program. They will earn 3 D-E credits for doing so successfully.*
- Students will live in Spain for one month and will gain cultural awareness through visits around the country, applying their target language skills whenever possible, and learning about the history of the country.
- A life-changing experience for students because it is completely immersive and benefits their overall development.
College-level study with professors at the University of Salamanca, Cursos Internacionales; vacation in Madrid, Segovia, Porto and Lisbon, Portugal! All of our tours include meals and expert museum-guided and / or other cultural visits and, of course, study at the first university of Spain.
*Following exams at the end of July, a certificate of successful study is awarded by the university for the student’s transcript and 3 D-E credits. Plus, up to 4 additional college credits can be awarded directly by the world-renowned University of Salamanca facilitated by D-E 360° International for successful completion of the USAL intensive Cursos Internacionales. This is for those who participate in this D-E in Spain Program.
- To download the Spain Trip, Summer 2019 Flyer (PDF), click here.
- For a sample Itinerary (PDF) click here.* (see Important Note below.)
A Spanish Immersion & Academic Adventure Awaits!
Total trip costs $9,550. Registration deadline is December 15, 2019. A $1,000 non-refundable deposit must be submitted at the time of registration. Early registration is encouraged and allows us to guarantee DE360° offerings as soon as enrollment is sufficient.
Payment, forms, and actions needed:
- Completed DE360° Travel Application & Non-refundable deposit – $1,000 due by December 15
- (Checks should be made payable to Dwight-Englewood School and submitted to the DE360° Office – Leggett 001)
Payment of Balance after Deposit
- $4,275 due by January 15, 2019
- $4,275 due by March 15, 2019
- D-E in Salamanca Orientation for Travelers Meeting (Date TBA)
- Signed D-E in Spain Agreement: Form will be provided during the mandatory D-E in Salamanca Orientation for Travelers Meeting noted above
* An Important Note about Schedule Changes: D-E 360° reserves the right to change, alter, or amend the daily itinerary for this trip at any time. Changes can be made for various reasons including changes in flight or program schedules, changes in the schedules of various external operators or partner organizations, changes due to weather or safety concerns, the addition of new activities into a trip, or the substitution of a new activity for an old activity. The itinerary shown here provides our best projection of the daily schedule for this program. As with any travel program, some changes may occur.
Cost does not include trip cancellation insurance.
Questions? Email email@example.com.Click Here to Register