8th Grade Ecuador Trip – Spring Break 2020
March 20-29, 2020
Embark on an Ecuadorian journey! D-E Students currently in Grade 8 will explore the volcanic landscapes of the Andes to see for themselves how our planet was shaped geologically, and travel through diverse ecosystems that inspire careful observation of the natural world.
- Students will visit the Andean sierra, a 400-year old hacienda, Cotopaxi Volcano National Park, the tropical cloud forest, and colonial Quito.
- We will immerse ourselves in the local indigenous culture, experiencing and learning about the convergence of pre-Columbian, Spanish, and Moorish influences that have shaped the art and architecture of the Andes.
- Ecuador is a country rich with history and remarkable for its indigenous people, culture, and traditions. Students will be travelers, not tourists, in environments far different from home.
Registration deadline is November 1, 2019
A $1,000 non-refundable deposit must be submitted at the time of registration. Early registration is encouraged and allows us to guarantee D-E 360° offerings as soon as enrollment is sufficient.
Payment, forms, and actions needed:
- To register, click here
- To download the D-E 360° Travel Application Form 2019-2020 (PDF), click here.
- Submit the D-E 360° Travel Application and a $1,000 non-refundable deposit by November 1, 2019 (Checks should be made payable to Dwight-Englewood School and submitted to the D-E 360° Office in Leggett 001)
- To download the Ecuador Trip Spring Break 2019 Flyer (PDF), click here.
An adventure awaits!
An Important Note about Schedule Changes: D-E 360° reserves the right to change, alter, or amend the daily itinerary for this trip at any time. Changes can be made for various reasons including changes in flight or program schedules, changes in the schedules of various external operators or partner organizations, changes due to weather or safety concerns, the addition of new activities into a trip, or the substitution of a new activity for an old activity. The itinerary shown here provides our best projection of the daily schedule for this program. As with any travel program, some changes may occur.