Week 5 (July 22 – 26, 2019) Wrap-Up
Adventures began the week by celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the Apollo 11 Moon Landing. Campers learned about Artemis, the new moon mission, and the United States’ quest to get the first woman on the moon. They learned about the moon, its characteristics and phases, as well as the planets in our solar system and the important role astronauts play. Our campers also visited the Hudson River Museum in Yonkers, New York where they enjoyed creating and launching rockets and attending a planetarium show. What a BLAST they had learning all about space.
Discoveries soared to new heights as they explored the world beyond. They engaged in various activities around planets, stars, the moon, astronauts, and much more. Our campers were honored to have a visit from Laura Jean Checki, a Science Education and Public Outreach Specialist. As an ambassador for NASA, Laura shared her wealth of knowledge with campers. The kids participated in an experiment with ultraviolet (UV) light-sensitive beads, which are generally white but turn colors when exposed to UV light. After the presentation, the campers learned even more about our sun and solar system. The campers were over the moon learning about space exploration.
We can’t wait to open the doors to Our Fantasy World!
- Week 6: July 29 – August 2, 2019 Our Fantasy World
- Discoveries & Adventures: Fantastical Celebration Wednesday, July 31, 2019 – 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm All Families are Invited!
- All Campers: bring sunscreen, sneakers, water bottle, and a book for siesta
- Water Play Days: Tuesday for Adventures and Wednesday for Discoveries & Jr. Day. Come to camp with sunblock already applied and dressed in your bathing suit. Bring your beach towel, water shoes and have an extra set of clothing. All items should be labeled with your child’s name.
- Theme Thursday: Book Character Day! Dress up as a character in your favorite book.
- Adventures only: wear your D-E 360° blue shirt.
- Discoveries only: bring a blanket and pillow for rest time and an extra set of clothing. Wear your D-E 360° blue shirt on Wednesday.