Dwight-Englewood School (D-E) is once again offering a Summer Driver’s Education Theory Course. Driver’s Ed at D-E School is administered virtually by D-E 360° in partnership with FNL Driving School, to high school students at least 15 1/2 years old who reside in New Jersey. This online course is given by Mrs. Nancy Lustenberger, formerly of the D-E Physical Education Department. The course fulfills the requirement of the New Jersey State written exam.
The course is limited to 50 participants; Driver’s Education with FNL Driving School registrations are open to students who attend D-E as well as area public and private schools. Questions about this Driver’s Ed course offered by FNL may be directed by Email to: email@example.com, or visit their website at: http://www.fnldrivingschool.com.
If both behind-the-wheel and classroom courses are taken, the student is eligible for a reduction in auto insurance until the age of 21. Students must complete six (6) hours of behind-the-wheel instruction, which must be arranged independently, in order to earn a learner’s permit by the age of 16. Students are required to have their driver’s permit for a minimum of six months and have turned the age of 17, before they can be eligible to get their license. Those who already have a permit, but did not complete a classroom course, can enroll to receive a certificate toward their automobile insurance reduction.
Driver’s Ed Theory Course Details for Summer 2021
June 14 – June 28
This Course is Virtual
- Online class attendance which includes all modules reviewed on Zoom until all material is covered
- Asynchronous learning with videos available through Google Classroom
- Review and quiz provided by FNL Driving School for each module* (*Students may begin accessing the online modules as of May 15th)
- Separate arrangements will be made for students whose school year has not yet ended and can not participate in the live zoom class with us from 10am-12pm.
- Students will be allowed to retake and resubmit the assessment until they receive a passing grade.
|Mon, June 14||10:00 AM – Noon Zoom/Module 1 assigned|
|Tue, June 15||10:00 AM – Noon Zoom/Module 1 completed Module 2 assigned|
|Wed, June 16||10:00 AM – Noon Zoom/Module 2 completed Module 3 assigned|
|Thu, June 17||10:00 AM – Noon Zoom/Module 3 completed Module 4 & 5 assigned|
|Mon, June 21||10:00 AM – Noon Zoom/Module 4 & 5 completed Module 6 assigned|
|Tue, June 22||10:00AM-Noon Zoom Exam review/Module 6 completed Module 7&8 assigned|
|Wed, June 23||10:00AM-Study Day Module 7 & 8 completed Module 9 & 10 assigned|
|Thu, June 24||10:00 State Exam on Campus Module 9 & 10 completed|
|Mon, June 28||All modules must be submitted, with corrections if necessary|
* Note: State-mandated requirement – Students must attend ALL scheduled classes as well as complete all modules and quizzes assigned; otherwise, they will not receive course certification.
Written Test – Thursday, June 24, Staggered Test Times between 10:00 AM and 1:00 PM*
- Each registrant takes the test individually on campus (with COVID safety precautions in place).
- *The State of New Jersey mandates in-person written testing for a driver’s permit; students are required to come to campus to sit for the exam.