Dwight-Englewood School (D-E) is once again offering a Winter Driver Education Theory Course. Driver’s Ed at D-E School is administered virtually by D-E 360° in partnership with FNL Driving School, to high school students at least 15 1/2 years old who reside in New Jersey. This online course is given by Mrs. Nancy Lustenberger, formerly of the D-E Physical Education Department. The course fulfills the requirement of the New Jersey State written exam.
The course is limited to 50 participants; Driver’s Education with FNL Driving School registrations are open to students who attend D-E as well as area public and private schools. Questions about this Driver’s Ed course offered by FNL may be directed by Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit their website at: http://www.fnldrivingschool.com.
If both behind-the-wheel and classroom courses are taken, the student is eligible for a reduction in auto insurance until the age of 21. Students must complete six (6) hours of behind-the-wheel instruction, which must be arranged independently with Mrs. Lustenberger, in order to earn a learner’s permit by the age of 16. Students are required to have their driver’s permit for a minimum of six months and have turned the age of 17, before they can be eligible to get their license. Those who already have a permit, but did not complete a classroom course, can enroll to receive a certificate toward their automobile insurance reduction.
Driver’s Ed Theory Course Details for Winter 2021
Online Driver’s Manual Review through Zoom
- Online class attendance which includes all modules reviewed on Zoom until all material is covered
- Asynchronous learning with videos available through Google Classroom
- Review and quiz provided by FNL Driving School for each module
Scheduled Online Class Time/Attendance Required*
- Thursday, January 7 5:00 – 6:00 PM Zoom/6:00-7:00 PM Module 1
- Thursday, January 14 5:00 – 6:00 PM Zoom/6:00-7:00 PM Module 2
- Thursday, January 21 5:00 – 6:00 PM Zoom/6:00-7:00 PM Module 3
- Thursday, January 28 5:00 – 6:00 PM Zoom/6:00 -7:00 PM Modules 4/5
- Thursday, February 4 5:00 – 6:00 PM Zoom/6:00 -7:00 PM Modules 5/6
- Thursday, February 11 5:00 – 6:00 PM Zoom/6:00 -7:00 PM Modules 7/8
- Thursday, February 18 5:00 – 6:00 PM Zoom/6:00 -7:00 PM Module 9/10
- Thursday, February 25 5:00 – 7:00 PM Exam Review
Student Independent Review Time & Quizzes
- Tuesday, January 12 5:00 -7:00 PM Module 1
- Tuesday, January 19 5:00 – 7:00 PM Module 2
- Tuesday, January 26 5:00 – 7:00 PM Module 3
- Tuesday, February 2 5:00 – 7:00 PM Module 4/5
- Tuesday, February 9 5:00 – 7:00 PM Module 5/6
- Tuesday, February 16 5:00 – 7:00 PM Module 7/8
- Tuesday, February 23 5:00 – 7:00 PM Module 9/10
* Note: State-mandated requirement – Students must attend ALL scheduled classes as well as complete all modules and quizzes assigned; otherwise, they will not receive course certification.
Written Test – Sunday, February 28, Staggered Test Times between 10:00 AM and 1:00 PM*
- Each registrant takes the test individually on campus (with COVID safety precautions in place).
- *The State of New Jersey mandates in-person written testing for a driver’s permit; students are required to come to campus to sit for the exam.
- Cost: $305 per student
- Register through CampBrain by December 31, 2020