ACE CLUBHOUSE (AFTERCARE)
ACE Clubhouse (AfterCare) is an after-school extended day program for Dwight-Englewood (D-E) Lower School (LS) students in Preschool-Grade 5. The program runs daily during the school year from dismissal until 6:30 pm. Each day students have different activities that include drama, sports, music, and art with opportunities for homework help, indoor games, or outdoor play. Our faculty are comprised of D-E LS teachers and a wonderful staff. We make every day a fun day for the children. *
FALL 2020 AfterCare Arrangements (Current as of 9/5/2020)
- Parents must make arrangements at least 5 days in advance.
- AfterCare & Enrichment (ACE) will be available to families beginning September 29
- We can no longer accommodate same-day “drop-ins.”
- Last pick up is 6:15 PM.
- Click here: DE360° AfterCare and Enrichment (ACE) Registration
- Parents must make formal reservations for students to stay in designated study space areas.
- Reservations must be made at least 5 days in advance. Reservation system does not allow for reservations more than two weeks in advance.
- Students will also need a reservation for the Late Bus. Late Bus(es) will begin running at the end of September. For questions please Email Dani Devlin at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All students must be off campus by 6:45 PM
- Click here: Grades 6-12 Afterschool Reservation Form.
FEES for 2020-2021 are TBD. Clubhouse (AfterCare) fees cover costs from the time of dismissal to 6:30 pm, including all Clubhouse (AfterCare) classes, snack, and materials. Financial aid is available at the same percentage as a family’s tuition financial aid grant. Parents are billed by the Business Office each term.
PICK-UP Parents/guardians pick-up their children in a location TBD. Students are signed out personally by authorized adults. ( Students are not allowed to leave unless they are with an authorized parent/caregiver. ) A substantial late fee ($5 per minute) will be charged for those parents/guardians arriving after 6:30 pm. If a student is taking a late bus, the child will be escorted to the bus by 6:30 PM.
DROP-INS Students are brought to Clubhouse (AfterCare) when parents are running late or unable to pick up their child directly at dismissal. There is a $60 per day fee for coverage and students can stay until 6:30 pm. There is no pro-rated fee for this service.
DROP-OFF Upon dismissal, students are escorted by their classroom teachers to our Fall 2020 ACE location(s), to sign-in.
Clubhouse (AfterCare) Includes the following:
- A healthy snack, plus supervised play.
- Homework Club (Grades 1-5), Monday – Thursday, 3:15 – 4:15 PM. Our very popular Homework Club is an important component of our AfterCare program and is taught by D-E Lower School faculty.
- A variety of interesting activities for children (Preschool – Grade 5) AfterCare activities include: Yoga, Music and Movement, Flag Football, Weather Science Explorers, Podcast Crafts, Art & Nature, Gym Time, Gym Games, Percussionists, Science Experiments, Snacktivities, and Zumba for Kids.
ACE ENRICHMENT SPECIALTY CLASSES
ACE Enrichment Specialty Classes are fun ways for D-E Lower School students to learn and play with their friends after school. Our faculty are dedicated educators who are passionate about sharing their expertise with your children to help them to try something new, pursue their interests, and develop their talents further. All Enrichment Specialty Classes are generally from 4:00-5:00 pm. *
ENROLLMENT All Enrichment Specialty Classes have a minimum and maximum enrollment. Courses are enrolled on a first-come, first-served basis. Enroll early so that your child gets his/her first choice. If a course is at capacity, the class will be closed and you will not be able to enroll your child for that course. If minimum enrollment is not met, the class will be closed and you will be refunded. Enrichment Specialty Classes fees cover costs from the time of dismissal to the end of class, including snack, playtime and course materials. Children enrolled in Enrichment Specialty Classes may join Clubhouse (AfterCare) activities at the end of class at no additional charge.*
PICK-UP Parents/guardians pick up their children in a location TBD. Students are signed out personally by authorized adults.( Students are not allowed to leave unless they are with an authorized parent/caregiver. ) A substantial late fee ($5 per minute) will be charged for those parents/guardians arriving after the 6:30 PM pick-up time. If a student is taking a late bus, the child will be escorted to the bus by 6:30 PM.
REGISTRATION AND FEES Go to CampBrain to register online. Note that Enrichment Specialty Classes are by Term and the costs are approximately $565-$640 per class unless otherwise indicated. If parents would like for their children to stay for ClubHouse (AfterCare) after each class, there will be no additional charge. If you would like to register your child for Clubhouse (AfterCare) for the full year, this option is also available. Please contact us by Email at email@example.com or call 201-227-3144 for more information.
PAYMENTS AND REFUNDS . All payments will be billed through the Dwight-Englewood School Business Office. All payments must be received before the end of each term. Cancellations for ClubHouse (AfterCare) and Enrichment Specialty Classes registrations must be made in writing by Email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions may be directed by Email to email@example.com or call 201-227-3144.
*All ClubHouse (AfterCare) and Enrichment Specialty Classes are subject to change.